Saturday, January 24, 2009

Let Asanas lead the way

I taught a hot yoga class this morning at 8:30am. It was a flow class and very peaceful. I started with a meditation journey, which took everyone through the forest. I like using a meditation or visualization in class I think it makes the class more interesting. I know I love to listen to a guided meditation and just work with the mind's eye awakening my inner vision. Right after my class my best friend Shanine teaches her class. Today I felt I had a lot of energy and wanted to stay for her class. She is one of my favourite teachers and not just because she is my best friend but because she is creative, compassionate, skilled, intuitive and loving. I feel recharged and cleansed after taking her class. As a yoga teacher I find its a must to cultivate my own practice whether it is doing yoga on my own or taking a class with another teacher. Because I don't have the self discipline like I'd like to -I choose to take classes with teachers that help me grow in my own practice. Shanine and I have a similar sense of humour so I try very hard not to laugh so hard when she says something funny in class. Today she told us to bend our hands and I couldn't help but chuckle. She's so cute. To her defense I always tell students to bend their feet LOL The funny thing is that nobody really notices it until you point it out or laugh at yourself.

I have noticed how yoga makes me so much more confident with my body. When I first found out I was pregnant I felt excited but shocked in a good way. It was like I had to get to know my body all over again as I had sensations inside my belly I haven't felt before. The first month I had mild cramping in the abdomen due to my uterus growing. That felt strange and made me back away from my practice feeling concerned not to strain anything. I was doing my practice but only going 70% of my capacity. The second month the cramping went away and I feel myself again. Even though I am very aware of how I feel at all times I feel confident that I can continue with my practice with the same passion, love and determination as before.

Oh almost forgot...I wanted to track my weight for future references throughout my pregnancy. So here it is:

Week 1-8: 124 pounds (haven't gained anything yet)

I am curious to see how I progress and change. I almost can't wait until my belly grows to "see" my pregnancy. Right now I have almost no change in my belly.

Foods I had today:

Green smoothie (greens, almond milk, banana, raspberries, almonds)
Green salad (mixed greens, tomatoes)
Baked potato with garlic, sea salt, paprika, chilies
Smoothie (orange juice, banana, mango)
Pistachios

No comments:

Post a Comment