Friday, January 30, 2009

Pure, Natural & Organic Cocoa Butter

Cocoa butter is my new favourite thing to use. Cocoa Butter is derived from Cocoa beans and is a natural wonder that readily absorbs, quickly supplying moisture to dry skin. Cocoa butter also has antioxidant properties that suppress free radicals, soothe skin and help fade the appearance of scares and stretch marks. In addition it has a lovely chocolate mocha scent that gives 100% pure love and sensual joy. It comes in cremes, lotions, and bars for the every day use and enjoyment.

*
I use my cocoa butter lotion after every bath and shower. Love the way it makes the skin feel and glow. I have also started to skin brush again, which helps to smooth the skin and helps to improve circulation and get rid of toxins.
*
This is week 9 for me and the baby. It's been a pretty tough week since all I wanted to do is sleep. My DH has been saying "wow you are sleeping so much" and I am indeed. My eyes are just closing and all I want to do is jump in bed and nap. Ronin doesn't seem to mind. He snuggles right with me and we both go off to a dreamland. This week has been busy with teaching classes, taking classes, going to appointments and running errands. I have met my midwife Lucia for my initial visit. She was super nice and took exactly 45min to tell me about what I should expect from midwife care, what services they provide, how they work, etc. I asked some questions about water birth, home vs. hospital birth and she was very informative. I told her that it has always been my dream to have a natural home birth but I was still deciding as my entire family is encouraging me to go to the hospital. At the end it is entirely up to me but I want to inform and educate myself so that I can make the best possible choice. They have home birth night once a month where a couple comes in and shares their experience with home birth and we can ask questions and learn more about it. So I am going to book us in for that night either in Feb or March. How exciting! Lucia didn't check my health or even asked me about it but at the end I found out that this will all be part of my second visit in February. I will meet my second midwife Rea and have a blood test and listen to my baby heart beat. I can't wait!
*
I also had an acupuncture session, which was very soothing as that day I had a nasty migraine. I hate migraines as I am sure everyone who gets them does. I used to get them all the time and now they only come every couple of months. When I got off the pill (grrr still angry about how it made me feel to detox from that garbage) I had a migrane for 2 weeks that wouldn't go away. I was at my wits end. Nothing seemed to help until finally I started to take Sepia remedy. Anyway, this time I got so sad and hopeless as I felt the pain. Every move hurt my head and I got so dizzy that everything around me was spinning. I ended up taking homeopathics Nat Mur and Sepia and it made it a lot better.
I also saw Carissa my naturopath for B12 shot that I have been getting once a month for a couple of years now. It helps me maintain proper levels of B12 in my body. I feel huge difference when I don't get this shot, mainly being tired, irritated and low on energy. So I am happy that I can continue with it throughout the pregnancy. Carissa also put me on this prenatal plan:
  • Pregnancy Prental Multi vitamin Progressive or Genestra 4 capsules a day.
  • Omega 3 oil, preferable 2 tsp of fish oil or Udo's Oil 3 and 6 which is vegetarian source.
  • 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed.
  • Folic acid: make sure you are getting 3-5mg a day in the prenatal vitamins.
  • Vitamin B12 injection once a month for infant development and hormone control.
  • HMF forte 2 a day to reset an infants digestive system and immune system.
    This prevents allergies in children.

All I need now is to see Jenny my Massage Therapist for some healing body work! I will book one for next week.

*

My weekly weight in:

Week 1-8: 124
Week 9: 124
*
My menu today:
Green smoothie (kale as my main leafy vegetable)
Green salad (mixed greens, tomatoes and green peppers, cayenne)
Apple
Nuts
Herbal tea
Papaya salad at Thai restaurant
Tom Yum Vegetarian Soup
Lychees
Ginger tea
Lots of water

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and am really enjoying it! The first trimester is so tough ... I think a pregnant body knows it needs extra extra sleep to carry out its amazing job! I'm sure people will have recommended these to you but try 'Ina May's Guide to Childbirth' by Ina May Gaskin and 'Gentle Birth Gentle Mothering' by Sarah Buckley ... you will get so much support and good science from these books to support a natural birth at home or in a birth centre if that is your choice! And your body will tell you loud and clear what the right choice is for you. Blessings, Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsy your support means so much. I love the books you have recommended and I will look for them to add to my library. I see from your blog that you are really love reading. I also have learned that you are due this March. Congratulations and stay strong.
    Love
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete