Friday, January 8, 2010

One month old


September 29, 2009

My sweet little girl,

You have been with us for a month. When you were placed on my chest for the very first time and covered with a warm blanket my heart melted and I knew that I have truly never loved that deeply before. As I embraced you and whispered the words of welcome I felt the undeniable bond between us. I also wondered who is my little girl going to become? How is she going to grow? What personality will she have? And I knew in that moment that our journey has just began.

Today you are one month old. I cannot believe that you have been with us for four precious weeks. I love your presence in the outside world. You are so cute, cuddly and amazing. Your skin is the softest thing I have ever touched. I love the way you smell and the way you sound. You have gotten to experience so many things. You have been in your stroller when we have taken you for a beautiful summer walks. You have taken many bubble baths with me and you love the water. You are just fascinated with how it feels to be submerged in the warm water. You have been in your princess like swing, in the baby carrier close to my heart and in the bassinet. You do not like to sleep in the bassinet and prefer to sleep with us. We actually love sleeping with you as we have more time to bond and to respond to your needs better. I have tried to have you in the bassinet and really did not like it myself. After being so close to each other for 9 months having you sleep away from me is something I cannot enjoy.

We have watched you grow and get stronger every day. You have an amazing head control and you are very strong. You love kicking and stretching your legs and you observe everything around you. You are very curious about everything. You only cry briefly and not very intensely when you are hungry. You have a lovely and peaceful energy.

You have met all of the family and friends except for your grandpa Arman who will be visitng from the Philipines in the Spring. You are so lucky to have 3 grandmas and 3 grandpas. They are all so crazy about you. My mom and your grandma Eva is just over the moon with her first granddaughter. My dad and your grandpa Les cannot take his eyes off off you and constantly smiles at you. Your grandma Sharon is happy because you are her first granddaughter and third grandchild. Your cousins Chase and Brayden already love you and want to play with you every time they visit. We have to tell them that you are a very tiny baby and will play with them when you get a bit older.

I am so lucky to be your mama. The past month have been full of little surprises, smiles, joys and laughter. Even though there is sleep deprevation and an overwhealming sense of responsibility what I will remember most is how you have transformed our lives into that of enormous joy and love. I know its a cliche when you hear people say that when you have a child you love like you have never loved before but it is so very true. My heart has grown and expended and continues to expend even more with each day. Baby girl, I love you so much and I thank you so much for choosing me to be your mama.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment