Monday, September 21, 2009

Isabella at 3 weeks old




It's been wonderful 3 weeks with Isabella. The first few days after her birth we took it really easy. We only had immediate family visit the day after and friends visit 5 days later. We wanted to make sure we had our baby moon-time to bond as a family. We kept the lights dim, noise to minimum, played lots of beautiful healing music and enjoyed our sweet little girl. I am so glad we did as those first few days are so precious and you will never get them back. Everyone else seemed to really understand and respect our wish to be left alone. After the first week, we were so much more rested and enjoyed having company. There were family and friends coming daily bearing gifts, and more gifts and meeting our little angel.

Isabella is still on every 3 hour feeding schedule and at this stage we are used to the routine. It was hard at first not to sleep through the night as its our first baby. Armando and I take turns to feed her so the other one can sleep and it works really well. There are nights where she sleeps 4-5hours straight and that is always a very nice treat. Armando took 2 weeks off from work so we could both take care of Isabella. We really got ourselves organized and learned a lot about her. We know that she likes to be swaddled most of the time, she loves sleeping with us and so do we, and she loves to be held and rocked to sleep after she eats. She is a good baby. She barley cries, and for most part is very content.

She is also very aware and alert when awake. There is a deep sense of knowing in her eyes. She can hold her gaze forever on us and is fascinated by lights. She follows with her eyes as we move and is able to lift her head and turn it from side to side. She smiles sometimes but at this point as everyone says its probably gas.

I have taken her to one of the yoga studios so she could meet some of my teacher friends. It was just amazing to be back in the yoga room where me and her did yoga for 9 months. It felt so good, so familiar so right. She gets a lot of attention as many students and teachers are already bonded with her. It's amazing to see that. I love that she is already a part of yoga community.

I love holding her, kissing her and cuddling with her. When I am away from her for a few hours I miss her. My husband and I had our first date since her birth this weekend and we went out to the movies. My mom and step dad were babysitting Izzie. I enjoyed our night out a lot but kept thinking of my little girl and was so happy to get back home and be with her. I also think of her as I practice yoga. This week I have been to 3 yoga classes and kept thinking of Izzie in my savasana :)

I am teaching my first class tonight. I am really looking forward to it. It's been great to get back to my yoga practice. I will write more about that in another post. I wanted to write about my diet and weight as many people have asked me if I thought raw food diet had a lot to do with healthy pregnancy and easy birth. I absolutely think so. Being able to keep my body clean and energized through raw food diet has definitely made my pregnancy and labour as easy as it was.
I also believe it had a lot to do with my fast recovery. I was able to move out and about few days later, got back to my yoga routine 2 weeks later and only had post-partum bleeding for 2.5 weeks.

Here is my weight in:

Pre-Pregnancy weight: 124 pounds
Pregnancy weight gain : 18 pounds (142 pounds)
3 weeks post partum weight: 127 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment