Friday, January 29, 2010

5 Months Old






Dear Izzie:

Today you are 5 months old. It now feels like you have been with us forever. I could not imagine my life without you. You have gone through a lot of exciting changes in the last few weeks. It's been super fun to watch you grow and discover fresh talents.

You can now turn from your back to your belly and stay on your belly for really long time. You rock forward and back trying to get yourself forward and get frustrated if you can't flip onto your back again. We usually have to flip you and then you are happy again. You love your toys and explore them with touch and of course your mouth. You love to discover what a toy does and you observe with great interest if it squeaks, plays music, rattles, feels soft or is great for chewing. You still love your play mat and you also love to watch cartoons. We only let you watch it a few times a week but you giggle with excitement and currently your favorites are "Angelina Ballerina" and "Olivia". We also still read a lot of books together and you follow each picture with great interest. I cannot wait till we start doing crafts together. Your other big interest in the moment is to watch me put make up on. You pay very close attention to all the pretty colours in my shadow palette and all the brushes I use and of course you love lip gloss. I can tell you can't wait to get your hands on make up!

Having you teach Mom and Baby yoga with me is double fun now. You are enjoying so many poses and finally you love the "flying baby" pose. This is when I lift you up in the air as I lay on my back. I lower you down to kiss you and then lift you up again. You love leopard swing where you lay on top of my arm and I swing you from side to side. I think you must also love to explore the world from a different angle when we do standing poses such as warriors and tree as you look out into the world and smile at other babies. Baby yoga routines and massage continue to be a delight for both you and I. And I make you laugh every time I am in down dog and you get to pull my hair.

Other fun games and activities you enjoy is "peek a boo", "paddie cake" and "this little piggy". Whenever you pull a blanket, a bib or a towel over your face we say "where is the baby?" and you scream and kick with laughter...then we pull it down and say "there she is!!!!" and you laugh more. We also love to lay down with you and pretend we are eating your toes or fingers, you pull them away and then stick them right back at us so we can try again! Great fun! We love blowing raspberries on your tummy and you do too especially when we say "I'm gonna get you!" Mommy also uses a different voice for a toy or a doll and you actually think they are talking to you...and then you like when the toy kisses you and sometimes tickles you too.
You find it funny when mommy puts a random object on her head such as a towel, sweater, strainer, or a toy and then asks you "do you like my hat?". The play time is definitely one of our favourite pass times!

As far as body awareness goes you have discovered your tongue and your feet. You love to stick out your tongue, lick and smack your lips. You also love to hold your feet and pull them close to you. Its so fun to watch you go through these discoveries.

You are now sitting in a high chair and watch mommy cook. You love your high chair and you play in it with your toys. Soon you will eat your first solid foods!

We are so happy and blessed to have you. I still look at your ever day and cannot believe that you are my daughter. I look forward to a lifetime of love and fun we are going to share together. I will do my best to be the best parent, guide and a friend to you.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby! Thanks for sharing. Keep enjoying this magic.
    Blessings, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. IM really interested in hearing about your raw food path. I live in Ottawa, ontario, and have tried even just going vegan but especially now, the climate makes it so hard! And it's expensive!! How do you do it?
    Oh, if you're into yoga, you HAVE To see these new books at www.bandhayoga.com
    Come say hi!!!

    ReplyDelete