Wednesday, August 5, 2009

7 day Raw Food Cleanse at 37 weeks pregnant

Ohhhh feels so good to be going on the raw food cleanse. My body has been strongly requesting a cleanse and I feel its a perfect time to do it. I have been about 85% raw for months now and I want to increase it and get rid of non raw items in my diet. This means things like popcorn, rice chips, and any other "healthy" junk food that I have been snacking on. There are tons of wonderful fruits and veggies in season now and the farmer's market is a great place to be. I have done some shopping and have gotten: cherries, watermelon, blueberries, lettuce, sprouts, tomatoes, cucumber, red peppers, carrots, bananas, etc. I also got "ready to eat" and raw: tomato salsa, guacamole, hummus, and mango salsa. So yummy and perfect for the hot weather. There is this store in Burlington called Sabores Latinos that does organic, raw foods as well as healthy raw food alternatives like quesadillas (made with gluten free flower) and hot tamales. Great place if you want to eat well and have no time to make food at home.

I am drinking tons of water with lemon, tons of smoothies with almond milk, and snacking on nuts. Today is Day 2 and I already feel so much better. I am looking for more energy as at this point the belly is quite heavy. I want to cleanse my system so I can be in top shape for birth and delivery.
I met my friend Nathalie for lunch and we had lovely thai papaya salad, mango salad, and raw spring rolls. Nat organized our lunch at her house so there we were, two pregnant ladies eating deliscious raw food dishes and drinking iced water. Not to mantion talking pregnancy, yoga (Nat is also a yoga teacher) and of course babies. We did some shopping at the Kushies getting lovely baby things such as crib sheets and receiving blankets all super cute and cuddly. It's great to get excited about things like blankets now. I never thought they would bring so much joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment