Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 3 of 100% raw

I had a week of eating 85% raw meaning I ate all raw for the entire day except for one meal. This one meal would be something like rice pasta with tomato sauce, baked potato, baked veggies, beans, and on one occasion I ordered rice with tofu and vegetables. Let me tell you, even though I somewhat enjoyed eating these I didn't feel as great as I wanted to or hoped to. My stomach felt 3 times heavier than how it feels on raw foods, it looked bloated and my energy was way down. I had a feeling of being numb to some of the feelings that I am used to feeling while eating raw. I had a sense of my intuition not being as sharp and my perception not being as clear. So why did I decide to throw in all these cooked meals? Well, I was going through a major cleanse. Some raw foodists call it a detox, others a healing crises. Its when your body releases deeply stored emotions, thoughts and other stuff and this is usually accompanied with physical symptoms. In my case severe headaches and migraines. In others it may be flu like symptoms. The nice thing is when its over you feel so cleansed and almost uplifted to a whole new level of being. You have a clearer understanding on some important issues and you end up making pretty significant life changes. What gets me through a healing crises is writing in my private journal, lots of meditation, contemplation, crying, talking to my best friend, talking to my husband, talking to my dog, and of course getting either a massage, acupuncture or in my case massage combined with Reiki. Why? Because I need to understand things on a spiritual level. Stuff like what's going on with my energy body, chakras, meridians, etc. Only then my cleanse is complete. It is my hope that in the future I can go through it and stay completely raw. Maybe even do a healing fast. I always wanted to do a fast.
Anyway, my cleanse is done and I am back to eating 100% raw. In fact this is my third day and my energy is soaring. I am very connected to every thought and emotion that comes up, I see and think with so much clarity and I have a great sense of confidence in life and in what I do. I connect with my students, with my baby and with my yoga practice on a deeper level. Sometimes I think its good to eat cooked stuff so that you can be reminded of what it is that you are missing. In my case I keep it very vegan and very simple but it still works the same. So happy I am back to 100% raw. Here is my weight in:

Week 1-8: 124 pounds
Week 8-12: 124 pounds
Week 12-16: 125 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment